EN: Skoči na filtre seznama
EN: Filtriranje se bo izvedlo ob spremembi izbire filtra in ne zahteva dodatne potrditve.

Travel information: Recommendations for your stay abroad

Make sure that your trip will be without any unnecessary inconvenience.

To make it easier to help you in case of an accident, follow the advice and recommendations for your stay abroad.

We recommend that you voluntarily complete the form Information on travelling abroad before departure and submit it to the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This is particularly advisable when travelling to areas where there is a greater possibility of natural disasters, catastrophes or political unrest. Based on data from the form, it will be easier to contact you if you need urgent consular assistance in case of crisis events.

If you find yourself in difficulties you can contact the diplomatic and consular representation of the Republic of Slovenia abroad or Consular Department or the emergency service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which is 24 hours a day, every day of the year available on the telephone number +386 1 478 22 19.

Diplomatic and consular representation can help you in the following ways:

· issues a passport or identity card;

· issues a temporary passport for return to Slovenia;

· assist in obtaining funds for return to the Republic of Slovenia;

· if you are detained or confined, it may contact you upon your request and upon your consent inform your family about the situation;

· in the event of accident or death, it notifies your relatives or friends and the competent institutions;

· helps to establish contact with lawyers and translators as well as health care and funeral service;

· assists in arranging administrative affairs in the Republic of Slovenia;

· assists in arranging matters of succession;

· authenticates translations, certificates and signatures in administrative procedures;

· assist in arranging digital certificates for natural persons.

We advise you to report to the diplomatic and consular representation of the Republic of Slovenia (RS) and communicate your contact details upon the arrival to a foreign country. Addresses and telephone numbers of diplomatic and consular representations of the RS can be found in telephone directories; you can also ask in hotels, travel agencies or at police stations.

Do not give your documents to legal entities or natural persons which are not authorised, since this can lead to alienation or abuse.

Report to your family and friends, especially on long journeys when travelling alone in remote areas.

If you will be staying abroad for more than three months, you need to register temporary departure from the territory of the Republic of Slovenia and register temporary residence abroad; if you move permanently, you need to de-register permanent residence in the RS.

Useful links:

· Consular protection of citizens of the European Union

· Zdravi na pot (Healthy to journey) - information on vaccinations and health on the journey

competent authority