Labour Providing temporary and occasional work for pupils and students
During their education, pupils and students can be engaged in temporary and occasional work for pupils and students (student work) for an employer while meeting the statutory requirements.
The purpose of student work is to enable pupils and students to gain work experience and earn extra income during their education, as well as to provide the employers with a selection of potential future personnel and workforce to meet the needs of exceptional personnel.
You can perform temporary and occasional work for pupils and students if:
- you have the status of a pupil in Slovenia and have already completed 15 years of age;
- you have the status of a student in Slovenia;
- you have the status of a participant in adult education, are younger than 26 years and study in publicly valid programmes of elementary, vocational, secondary and higher professional education.
Temporary and occasional work for pupils and students can also be carried out by persons who have completed secondary school during the current school year and will acquire the status of a student at the beginning of the new school year based on enrolment in a higher education institution, as well as Slovenian citizens who have the status of a pupil or student abroad as evidenced by a certificate of enrolment issued under the regulations in the state of the foreign school. This work may also be performed by students of foreign universities who fulfil the academic requirements in the Republic of Slovenia in the framework of international exchange programmes.
Pupils and students can perform student work only if they are not employed or enrolled in the register of unemployed persons at the Employment Service of Slovenia.
Student work at the employer is carried out based on a referral, issued by the intermediary of temporary and occasional work for pupils and students. The referral is valid only on presentation of an identity document of a pupil or student. The employer must record the daily number of hours of actually performed temporary and occasional work by a pupil or student, the sum of these hours must be equal to the total number of hours of performed temporary and occasional work by a pupil or student on the referral.
The minimum gross hourly rate for temporary and occasional work for pupils and students shall not be less than 4.5 EUR.
- Zakon o zaposlovanju in zavarovanja za primer brezposelnosti
- Pravilnik o pogojih za opravljanje dejavnosti agencij za zaposlovanje
- Zakon za uravnoteženje javnih financ (ZUJF)
- Zakon o dodatni koncesijski dajatvi od prejemkov, izplačanih za občasna in začasna dela študentov in dijakov - ZDKDPŠ
- Navodilo za obračun in nakazovanje koncesijske dajatve ter dodatne koncesijske dajatve