Submitting an electronic application
The purpose of this assistant is to present the procedure of electronic application submission and clarify the terms used in the process.
The electronic application consists of an electronic form, information on institutions which can receive the application, potential payment of administrative and other fees, as well as other expenses and any necessary attachments.
The applications can be:
- applications with forms which can be completed and submitted online to the competent authority – completely electronic applications,
- applications which need to be electronically signed,
- applications which can be completed and submitted anonymously,
- applications for which the expanses have to be paid (the payment can be done online with a credit or bank card, via online banking, and mobile payment, before you submit the application to the competent institution)
- applications, the resolution of which needs to be personally delivered (the resolution is delivered to the address of your permanent or temporary residence by post, as listed in the Central Register of Residents),
- applications, the form of which has to be personally delivered to the institutions (you can print out the form, complete it and personally submit to the institution, or send it by post).
Each electronic application is forwarded by the eUprava (eGovernment) system directly to the competent institution you selected in the process. In case there is more than one eligible competent institution, only one of the listed institutions (recipients) has to be selected.
Types of forms on the eUprava portal:
- PDF printing forms – this form is printed and completed
- PDF form for completion and print out – this form is completed electronically and printed out or attached to the application
- DOC printing form – this form is printed out and completed
- DOC form for completion and print out – this form is completed electronically and printed out or attached to the application
- e-Form is part of the electronic submission. It is electronically completed with the purpose of being electronically submitted to the competent institution (the manner of submission depends on the process)
The application recipient is an Institute of Public Administration which receives your application via the portal (application of a citizen or legal person). The recipient examines the application and carries out the procedure your application applies to. The recipient of the application then sends you the resolution of your application (decision, order, an extract from the official records, certificate…).
The application provider is an Institute of Public Administration which publishes the electronic application, with which you can start the procedure with the body or submit the application to the Institute of Public Administration (recipient).
Follow the steps of the electronic process and successfully submit the e-Application.
What do you need to complete electronic forms?
According to the content of each form, the following information is most frequently needed: Personal Identification Number, Tax Identification Number and address. With electronic procedures the number of your Identity Card or passport, number of your vehicle registration documents, number of payment or credit cards, expiration date of payment or credit card, company’s Registration or Tax Identification Number, mobile phone number, address of a secure mailbox… is required.
With certain applications, attachments have to be enclosed. The maximum size of the attachment is 1MB.
Qualified digital certificate
With an electronic application where personal information has to be entered or the information system eUprava automatically fills out the application with information from official records, a qualified digital certificate is needed. The qualified digital certificate is used for electronically identifying yourself. In Slovenia, e-Government uses digital certificates of four certification authorities, namely SIGEN-CA, AC-NLB, Poštar-CA, HALCOM-CA.
For submission of documents which require an electronic signature, a ProXSign signature component must be installed to your computer.
How can an application be electronically submitted?
There are several steps involved in the submission of an application. You are automatically guided through all of them on the eUprava portal. There is a maximum of 6 steps (step 7 is “Submission of application”). There can be fewer steps with certain applications; it depends on the type of the application and form. All of the steps are not essential for the submission of an application.
Logging in the Moja eUprava (My eGovernment) module
If you login in the Moja eUprava (My eGovernment) module, you will have access to all applications you will have submitted via the portal. They will be stored under “Submitted applications” in the Moja eUprava module. This will include information, such as: a list of submitted applications, submission date of an application, information on a certain application, the body which received the application, information on the status of the application and access to the invoice, if the application had to be paid for. Some applications can be submitted, even if you are not logged in; however, you will not have access to the submitted application later on. Regardless if you are logged in the Moja eUprava module or not, after you have successfully electronically submitted your application, you will receive a unique number of the submitted application about which you can later on check with the competent institution (application recipient).
Steps for submitting an application:
- Completing the application. Fill in the form with all required information. If the application is electronic and a qualified digital certificate is needed, the data is automatically acquired from the official and national registers.
- Adding attachments. Add mandatory or optional attachments. Add the attachment by selecting the “Attach” button. In case of an error the attachment can be deleted by selecting “X” next to the file. You can add more than one attachment, but keep in mind that the maximum size of an attachment is 1MB.
- Selecting purpose and recipient. In this step verify the application’s general characteristics; i.e. check the information, e.g. purpose and recipient of the application.
- Application control. In this step you have to check the entire content of the application and its attachments. The entire application has been converted to PDF and will as such be delivered to the selected recipient. If you wish to correct your application, you can always return a step by selecting “Previous step”.
- Signing of an application. Electronically sign the application with the qualified digital certificate, if necessary. For the signing to be successful, you need to install the ProXSign signature component to your computer.
- Payment. You can pay the application with your bank or credit card, via online banking or mobile payment. The expenses (administration fee, other expenses) always have to be paid electronically, before you send the application to the competent authority (recipient).
The application is automatically submitted to the recipient in the following cases:
- If the application is free of charge and requires an electronic signature, it is automatically sent to the selected recipient, after being successfully signed; you receive a notification that the submission was successful.
- If the application is payable, it is, upon payment, automatically sent to the selected recipient; you receive a notification that the submission was successful.
- If the application is free of charge and does not require an electronic signature, it is, in the step “Application control”, after selecting the “Continue” button, automatically sent to the selected recipient; you receive a notification that that the submission was successful.
The procedure can be interrupted or corrected at any time, except in the three instances listed above, when the application is automatically sent to the selected recipient.
How can you pay?
The e-Payment system enables online payment of fees, duties and other expanses. This is a secure system connected to the portal Storitve javne uprave. The system enables payment through the following providers:
- bank cards (Maestro, MasterCard, Visa, VisaElectron, Activa, Diners),
- mobile payment (Moneta) or
- online banking (Abanet).
The purpose of credit card payment is that the user’s solvency and account can be immediately verified with the issuer of the credit card in a secure and encrypted environment. As soon as you fill out the order with all required information, including the number of the payment card, the claim for payment is send via the online application to the transaction server, which checks the validity of the card.
If you wish to pay for the service with the mobile payment system, you first need to identify yourself with your mobile phone number. You will receive a text with a code, which you have to enter in the corresponding box on the website. After validating, you enter the mobile payment system and the requested site for payment. The server transfers the payable content from the provider to the user (you). In the meantime the monthly limit, account balance, cost of the content…is checked. If no error occurs during the transfer of content or if you do not interrupt the procedure, the content will be charged.
For the use of online banking, you have to be the client of the bank and need a valid digital certificate, which enables access to the online bank. If you are familiar with online banking, the procedure is continued in accordance with the established process.