The maximum speed of vehicles is limited to:
- 50 km/h - on roads in settlements;
- 30 km/h - in speed limit zones;
- 10 km/h - in steady traffic zones and pedestrian zones.
(2) A maximum speed of vehicles on individual roads in settlements or parts thereof is 70 km/h provided that the road traffic safety system and prescribed traffic-technical elements enable and a prescribed road sign allows for such speed.
Outside settlements, the maximum speed of vehicles is limited to:
- 130 km/h - on highways;
- 100 km/h - on roads reserved for motor vehicles;
- 90 km/h - on other roads.
A maximum speed of vehicles on roads reserved for motor vehicles is 110 km/h, i.e. where there are, in addition to improved prescribed conditions, two separated opposite-direction road surfaces with at least 2 traffic lanes and emergency lane or emergency turn-offs and protected against the crossing of the road surface by wild game. Such speed limit must be indicated by a prescribed road sign.
A pecuniary penalty for minor offence is imposed upon any driver exceeding the speed limited by road regulation or road sign in a settlement.